Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status Failed!!!!!!!

SysAdmin28
Level 3

Backup Exec 11d

Windows Server 03/ 32bit

After installing AOFO on the remote server, all backup jobs for that server fail (The jobs worked before activating AOFO on media with the following error:

The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33899

These machines are not in a virtual environment and so far the above link hasn't been helpful.

How i activated AOFO on media server:

Installed aofo license.

How i installed AOFO on remoter server:

- copied RAWS32 folder to root of remote server.

- using cmd line: c:\raws32:   setup.exe /aofo: -s -boot

I have tried uninstalling the remote agent using the setup.exe /aofo: -s -u command to no avail.  Please help..  I need to get these backups back rolling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SysAdmin28
Level 3

I just noticed that the remote agent utility wasn't running on my remote server (big rookie mistake!).  Once I enabled it I was able to see it on the media server.  Sorry to bother you all...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Compare the version of beremote.exe on the media server and the remote server.

Beremote.exe is located at X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\

SysAdmin28
Level 3

I just noticed that the remote agent utility wasn't running on my remote server (big rookie mistake!).  Once I enabled it I was able to see it on the media server.  Sorry to bother you all...