cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec ver 13 called 2010 still has DST issues

SnakeEyeGimper
Not applicable

I just wanted to report that Ver 13 still has the same issues that all the other version had on Day light savings time.  We are rebooting the server which is the same as restarting the services to get it back to what it should be doing but this is still troubling.  Knowing that Symantec has not fixed this problem its a thing one has to guess at once a year.

You would think Symantec would fix this issue once and for all.  We have different servers in different countries and this is not cool!!  Have any other users had the same issue?  I have not seen this in the post so I thought I would air my discontent here about this bug through all their versions.

Error looks like this

Error category    :
Error             : e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed.

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I don't rememember that we actually said we had fixed the condition as per

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH61668

However that said, the Scheduler is undergoing a major change against Backup Exec 2012 and whilst some of the details remain subject to change, both the handling of jobs that are scheduled across the DST change and the handling of jobs with servers in different time zones should see some positive changes in operation.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Very welcome news, Colin, and a LOOOOONG time coming

(I don't think the OP meant that the fix had been announced, just that this  "fuctionality" was STILL present after at least 14  years and 6 major version updates)

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I share everyone's frustrations, just imagine how often we get support cases for this condition.  All I can say is fixing DST tied into so many different areas that the scheduler reacts with that we had to wait for a chance to do a complete re-write of the scheduler to even think about fixing the problems.