cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status Failed

Chris_Wise
Level 3
Every now and then, some temp files cause the complete backup job to fail...

Unable to open the item C:\Dobuments and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\Acr602.tmp - Skipped

I also get this one once in a while:

WARNING: "D:\Users Shared Folders\smith\kronos\kronos\data\B-BTABLE.TKC" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

Any ideas as to what's going on with this or how I can get around it? I know I can tell it to skip the files, but some really need to be backed up.
2 REPLIES 2

Thomas_Bianco
Level 5
if a file is deleted between the prescan and backup phaze, you'll get the first error

if a file is changed while being backed up, or is changed between the backup and verify phaze, you'll get the second error.

the first should be an exception, but for some reason, backup exec claims the second is a failure. i don't get it either.

the second error is probably due to someone leaving a kronos instance running on their desk when they left for the night. database files, which this appears to be, respond poorly to multiple access.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Chris,
A file is skipped or reported as corrupt in a backup job if the file is in use. To avoid this please use the AOFO option also please stop any thid party applications and antivirus scans on these files during backup period.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.