cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status staying as Queued

rogle
Level 2
We are having issues with our dialy jobs running for just a few seconds and changing to a status of Queued. I have searched the KB and have found no articles to assist.

I have made sure the server/device is not paused.
I have also cancelled the job and attempted to restart it.
I have stopped all Backup Exec Services and restarted them.

I am new to Backup Exec and don't know where else to look.

We currently are not backing up...so any assistance would be GREAT! Thanks in advance!

Smiley Sad
4 REPLIES 4

Russ_T
Level 2
What are you backing up to? (tape library? a NAS? DAS? SANS?) Have you restarted the library you are backing up to? Have you restarted the BE server?

When this happens to me, I'll restart my tape library. Wait until it is done rebooting and online. Then I restart my BE server.*  This normally fixes the queues status.

* You may have to restart the job as it will have most lkikely failed.

rogle
Level 2
I guess I'm using a tape library.?
We have 5 tapes that we rotate M-F. Then on F we take those to bank and get the previous week's 5 tapes.

If by BE server, you mean all services with the words "Backup Exec" in the name, I have restarted those services.

I don't know how to restart the library. My tape backup experience is limited to windows backup.

I have restarted the entire machine and cancelled the job. New jobs continue to fail.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
any active alerts?
Anything in the Event Log that may apply?

If you go to the devices tab

Is the backup server started and online?
Is the tape drive started and online?

Create a B2D folder on the media server
If you create a new, small  backup job pointed to it, does that run OK?
if so, does the same job run OK to the tape device?

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 06-16-2008 01:28 PM

rogle
Level 2
Well...it just started working!??? However, now it's taking two tapes to do a backup versus the normal one tape. I'm thoroughly confused.