cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job backups approximately 10MB then stalls Servr 2008 x64 and BE 12.5

deriderj
Level 3

Hi,

I am running Backup Exec 12.5 and using a tape autoloader running under Windows Server 2008 Standard x64.  I have installed the Symantec drivers (and tried the Microsoft drivers).  I can erase a tape and inventory a tape successfully.  When I try and backup local data or data on the network the job starts normally backs up approximately 10MB then does nothing.  It just sits there with a status of running.  I checked the BE services and they all continue to run OK.  There are no SCSI communication errors in the event log.  All device drivers are listed as working under device manager.  I have no anti-virus or anti-spyware programs running on the server.  I'm at a loss on what to do or try next to correct this.  I have used this same tape autoloader under Server 2000 and BE 12.5 and it works just fine.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to debug / correct this problem?

1 REPLY 1

deriderj
Level 3

Hello again,

I've spent about 12 hours on this so far with no luck.  Since I have run out of ideas I installed Yosemite Backup and successfully wrote and restored 33GB of data to the autoloader running on Server 2008 x64 so the problem appears specific to Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 and not a hardware problem.  I don't know if that helps shed any light on this problem but if it does I'm open for suggestions on how to get BE 12.5 working in this configuration.

FYI: I am using the latest x64 drivers from the Symantec website which I believe were dated 12/2008.

Thank you.