cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job failing due to ADAM or AD LDS error - BUT NOT USING THEM!

corycar
Level 3

I have been working with Symantec support on this problem for two weeks - and am nowhere near getting an answer. Their latest answer is, "contact Microsoft" - which obviously is not an answer since you can't just "contact" Microsoft.

ISSUE: Error V-79-57344-858 - Active Directory "The consistancy check failed for the Active Directory, ADAM or AD LDS has failed".

Using BE 2010 r3. Server is 2008 r2.  ***The job has been running fine for the past year or so, and NOTHING has changed on it.  My other network admin says that the AD is not corrupted (and I don't really know how to check it).

FACT: we don't use ADAM for AD LDS!!!!  So, what the heck? Solutions tried so far via Symantec support:

- unistall AD License and restart BE services.

- Re-install AD license and restart BE services.

Didn't work.

- Then the tech sent me an article how to fix it by stopping the ADAM services - Except (as I explained on both occasions she asked me to do it) we aren't using the ADAM services!!!

So, after 2 weeks, my jobs are failing everynight on this server and I am no closer to getting it fixed.

- I still have a whole other ticket I need to figure out with all of my VM's failing out of the blue (again).

Hope I don't sound to bitter - I TRULY appreciate anyone who has any suggestions, since it's apparent (by her own admission) that Symantec tech support doesn't know what to do - except to suggest I contact Microsoft.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Is the BESA a domain admin?

2) Is the BE login id used to run the backup job a domain admin?

3) Is AOFO on in the job?

corycar
Level 3

Hi, thanks for replying...

I'm not a big acronym guy, could you explain:

1. What's a BESA

2. Yes, we have 4 other AD machines with the same exact job that work fine. (admin login).

3. AOFO? I don't know what that is.

Sorry not more helpful...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BESA = Backup Exec Service Account

AOFO = Advanced Opened File Option.

If you are not sure of the acronmyns used, check out this discussion which is always pinned to the top of the forum.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/acronyms-and-alphabet-soup