cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job modifications changing next run date

J_Reis
Level 3
Good morning.

This is probably a really simple problem with an easy fix.  I had to make several modifications to the backup jobs that run daily and weekly.  When the changes are made, the date the job is next scheduled to run advances a full cycle.  Daily jobs will wait a full 24 hours before being scheduled; weekly jobs advance a full week.  I have gone through and checked the effective dates and they are all set for when the job was initially created.

Is there a way to fix this problem so I don't have to manually run these jobs for the first time?

Thanks for any advice,
J Reis
5 REPLIES 5

Chuck
Level 3
I am having the same problem.  According to KB article 287344 this was fixed with HOT Fix 10 for release 6235.   But it is still broken in release 7170.

About the only thing you can do is delete the jobs and recreate them...

Sigh...

J_Reis
Level 3
I have gone through and updated everything to 7170, Hotfix 3, and it still appears to be happening.  I was reading another post where it appears that two modifications force the date to advance but it has happened to every job that I have modified and resubmitted on the first change.

Roly_Rodriguez
Level 4
You can throw me into this group too. It's so frustrating how it advances, and what I end up having to do is manually run the job since theres nothing possible for making it run the same day. I'm also running the latest build with all the patches. Why would they release this 11d with so many bugs and problems. Was 10d like this when it first came out?

Chuck
Level 3
In case you guys didn't see the other post on this issue, here is what SteveVRTS posted as a work around.

==============================================

I just checked and found out that there are still some issues that engineering is working on.  For a workaround you can edit your job and set it to run now and just submit it on hold.  Then go back in the job and put the schedule back in place and submit it.

J_Reis
Level 3
I patched the server up to 7170, hotfix 5, and found a fix that worked for me.  After making the modifications to the files being backed up, I went in and changed the effective date in the schedule and submitted the job.  Jobs that were scheduled for tomorrow reverted back to being scheduled for tonight, however, jobs scheduled for a weekly run did not.  As suggested, I suspect that the best work around for this is to just manually pay attention for the one run of each job.