Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job skipped by BE, and no status.

BotBot
Level 3
Partner

Dear BE experts,

Let me explain in details:

I have daily backup job, from Monday (Incremental) until Sunday (Full).

The server (Where Backup Exec is installed) was shutdown on Friday (April 15), 11:30 AM.

Then the server was up on Monday (April 18), 15:02 PM.

But then, when Backup Exec running, it only (Automatically) running the Sunday job.

I can't found any log regarding this. There's also no status regarding Saturday job. It's just skipped.

My question is, why it didn't execute the Saturday job? Why only Sunday job automatically run?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It has probably been overruled by the Sunday job having more importance...FULL backups in this case would take precedence over INCR. That said. also make sure you don't have any sort of timeout. If the job is specified to run only within a 24 hour period and this lapses, then there is also the chance the jobs would simply be skipped.

Thanks!

BotBot
Level 3
Partner

Hi CraigV,

Thanks for your reply.

The priority for those jobs are Medium.

And It should still in queue period for those jobs.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Craig V is referring to the fact that if two jobs in the same definition try to start at the same time, then the job with the least frequency will run and the other job wil be reset to run at its next scheduled date.

This hidden rule was introduced to the product to handle Grandfather-Father-Son configurations where your weekly or monthly job might be in conflict with your daily or weekly one. This to avoid having both jobs run at the same date.

It is likely that this same hidden rule is however applying when your services were restarted as both jobs in the definition would try to run at the same time. I am not 100% sure we would have specifically designed this action for conflicting jobs once the services have been down, however we would not have designed not to do it either. I am not sure why would you want both jobs to run in this scenario  as more or less the same changed data would be in both jobs and I assume you wanted your full backup to run (which it did).