cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job status error codes and messages

Level 2
Hi,

In the 9.x admin manual, I found a list of job status codes and messages under the chapter named "Understanding Job Status Messages".

I am wondering if the job status messages have been changed from 9.x to 10 or not. If yes, where could I find the updated list? I acutally need the code numbers as they appear in the log file under the tag and the message.

Thanks,
Silvia
8 REPLIES 8

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
Along with the following technote mentioned below:-

Title:- Understanding a Job Log Completion Status

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/271406.htm

Errors that are reported in the job log each have a unique code,
called a Unique Message Identifier (UMI). These codes contain
hyperlinks that you can click to go to the VERITAS Software
Support Services web site and access support cases, technical
notes, and trouble-shooting steps that are related to a specific
error. Unique Message Identifier (UMI) error code establishes
unique error and message codes across all VERITAS products.

Let us know if this is the information that you were looking for. If our presumption is incorrect please revert back with more information.

Level 2
Thanks for your answer. The question was partially answered, not completely.

I am developing a program that reads the Veritas 9 and 10 log file and then gives an alert if the job status was not successful. For Veritas 9 I have a list of job status return values and descriptions with values from 1 to 23 that I could find in the Admin manual. My question is if this list of return values for job status has changed in Veritas 10 or not? I need to do the same thing I do for Veritas 9 with Veritas 10 and I was wondering if there are more than 23 return values for the job status code in the log file. Or if anything changed to that list. This information is not in the Admin manual version 10, as it was in the manual for version 9.

Thank you,
Silvia

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

Please refer to the following technote this will help you.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/256057

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

Level 2
I will reformulate the question:

I need something like a table that maps the job status error code to status and some description.

I was able to find something in the 9.0 Administrator manual documentation like this:

1 Canceled Job is terminal...
2 Completed Job has been...
3 Success with exceptions ...

22 to be scheduled The job needs...
23 Linked job The job is linked...

I noticed in the Veritas 10 database that there are new job status numbers like 24.

What I need to know is what exact changes have been made to this data in Veritas 10 compared to Veritas 9.

For example, how many new error code are there and what is their meaning.

Thank you,
Silvia

Not applicable
I am planning a similar tool whereby I can query the Backup Exec SQL Database and build a custom report. For this to have any meaning I would need to resolve the status code to a description.

Is this information available in the database?, or is someone able to post a list to this thread (as previously requested)

Thanks.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
sorry, currently there is no such public documentation which will answer your Querry.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
But as an additional Information you could go through the following document:
Backup Exec 10.0 for Windows Servers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274569.htm
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.