cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job stuck in "ready" after resetting BE

Michael_Correa
Level 3
I have been having issues with my tape backup unit that was failing each job and I fixed this problem (0xa0008115 - Physical Volume library drive or robot paused, offline or disabled) by deleting the devices within BE, shutting down the server and the unit and restarted services which seemed to fix that problem. I was able to run an inventory and went to run a regular backup and now I have two jobs that are now "ready" for over an hour. I cannot get the job to run, restarted the tape unit and rebooted the server and still no joy...

help!!!!
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you re-created the tape device, did BackupExec give it the same name as the old device? Verify that your jobs are specifying a device that BackupExec thinks is connected.

Also, from the Devices Tab, are the server and the tape device both online and ready?

Michael_Correa
Level 3
All robotic libraries are online, the server is online, the tape library itself is reporting that it is online. I am re-checked everything twice and started another inventory on the slots located under the libraries list and it is running and showing under the job monitor - the other jobs are still in "ready". I also checked the names and they were recreated when the server was rebooted and they are the same names as before.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hmmm

Anything on the Alerts Tab?

Anything in the Windows Event Log files that may apply?

Michael_Correa
Level 3
I checked the alerts tab and it is reporting only the errors that I have seen already. I was getting a major hardware error from the library itself and that is why I reset it. I had to manually eject a cleaning tape that would not eject and reset both the server and library. I then deleted the objects within BE that were showing offline no matter what I did. Once I rebooted everything it all went well until I ran a regular backup which are still in ready and the other jobs that were to run last night are now showing out of time window...

back to the drawing board...

I found no other errors or failures after yesterdays jobs stuck in "ready"...

frustrated!

I may try to reacreate every backup job or at least 2-4 and run those jobs to see if that will work. First I will check all connections as that was part of the original errors cound in the event log.

Mike

thanks Ken!

Michael_Correa
Level 3
OK, I solved it...

1) if you get the following error: 0xa0008115 - Physical Volume library drive or robot paused, offline or disabled) and all backups don't work - go to step 2.

2) delete the devices within BE, shut down the server and the tape unit and restart services.

3) The devices will be recreated on boot up and start of BE services which you should double check by going to devices

4) Go to the Job setup tab and check your jobs that you had in place - you will more than likely notice that under device name that it is blank

5) double click on that job and hit submit - you will notice that all job names are there but unless you hit submit your jobs will remain in "ready" since for some reason during re-creation that the jobs don't recognize original settings.

6) simply by selecting submit re-recognizes the original set up and the backups work again!

Ken thanks for your help and I hope this helps others.

Mike