cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs Queued Indefinately. Help!

rko9911
Not applicable
I am using Veritas BE for Windows Servers 10.0.5520 on Windows2000 SP4.  I am backing up to a backup-to-disk folder (actually a networked attached storage device - ReadyNAS).  This arrangement worked great for months. 

Then I tried to update to 10d, which I couldn't (I'll explain below).  But since then, I have not been able to make a backup.  One is always queued - if I cancel it, it will simply queue the next one, ad infinitum.  The device is enabled an ready.  It is not paused.  Stopping and restarting services does nothing.  (When the services stop, the .lck file in the backup folder deletes with it).  Rebooting the machine is of no help.  Rebooting the ReadyNAS is also of no help.  It also has 500GB free - so there's plenty of space.  I have searched for solutions in the tech notes, this forum, and other forums.  I have tried a number of solutions offered - but I still have the same problem.

The problem why I can't upgrade to 10d is pecause of space needed on the root drive, even though I have more space than the required amount.  My drive space also passes the system requirements check that it does before the update.  But the official word from Symantec support pertaining to my 10d upgrade is the space requirement.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Rick Knoebel

0 REPLIES 0