cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for HP Ultrium 460?

Eric_Swisher
Level 3
I was told that Backup Exec needed the Veritas drivers for an HP StorageWorks Ultrium 460 to function correctly.  Is this true, or can I use the Windows drivers?

Also, where can I download the Veritas drivers for an HP StorageWorks Ultrium 460?

Thanks for your help!
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The v10d HCL is here

but if it is on the list, it just means that the hardware  has been tested by Symantec with this release of the software.  Standard Windows drivers SHOULD work OK, as long as they use standard APIs

The latest Driver Pack is here

Eric_Swisher
Level 3
We are on version 10.0 rev 5484. Installed updates are Service Pack 4 and Hotfixes 36 and 37.  Only available update listed is Service Pack 5.

I think I have tried installing this update before, but it could not complete or errored out.

We are having trouble with the backup with no recent changes.  Device Manager shows the device is functioning properly.  HP tape drive diagnostics report the device is ok.

Veritas reports that the device is busy so the backup cannot start.  Also getting this error:

e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed.

Should I try to get the backup working first, or update Veritas to the latest and then try?

Message Edited by Eric Swisher on 06-27-200711:23 AM

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I'd go for the free upgrade to v10d first

Eric_Swisher
Level 3
Thanks.

If we upgrade, will it save all our settings and backup jobs?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Yes,  it will

Eric_Swisher
Level 3
The main file is pretty big (493 MB).  Does it uninstall the old verion and install the new one or does it actually upgrade the old one?

The tech that installed it originally, put it on the C: drive.  I would like to install it to the D: drive if possible and keep all our settings.  I have already moved the Catalog location to the D: drive.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
It will update the current intstall

See http://support.veritas.com/docs/280710  to move your installation to a new drive or server and not lose any local settings