cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs fail with encryption enabled

Matt_Vaughan
Level 4
If I enable encryption for a backup job, the job seems to complete properly, but the log says that it failed. When looking at the job log, there is nothing contained in it causing the supposed failure. The alerts shows an event 34113. If I disable the encryption the job completes just fine -- no failure msg.
9 REPLIES 9

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Matt

If the job fails there should be something at the end of the job registry. Please tell me if I'm right.

If not, I'm afraid I couldn't help.

Regards

Matt_Vaughan
Level 4
Hi David,

You're right -- there should be something signifying why the job failed, but there isn't. I expand ALL details of the job and nothing shows up. It makes no sense at all.Message was edited by:
Matt Vaughan

Matt_Vaughan
Level 4
Well, after playing around a bit I think I've come up with a solution. It appears that if I include a server's Utility partition in the backup job, it will fail with encryption enabled. I de-selected the Utility partition from the backup job and it works just as expected.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Matt

Quite interesting what you say. As far as I know, that shouldn't happen. Backup Exec can't encrypt GRT data on disk, but there's are no limitations on encrypting Utility partitions data.

One more thing Symantec should have sais but didn't... Thank you

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- What is the error message that zou reeceive in the event logs?

-- Do you receive any error that says A checksum of the data has failed?

Thank You,

Shweta

Matt_Vaughan
Level 4
Under the alert log, it says event 34113.

No mention about checksum errors.

Zoltan_Herman
Not applicable
Hi!

I had the same error.
The solution was also the same: deselect the Utility partition.

Message Edited by Zoltan Herman on 04-10-200706:18 AM

Tristan-K
Level 2
Partner
Hi,

I have the same error. What is it meaning ? We can't encrypt all of the backup ? Should I backup the utility partition on a seperate job without encryption ?

Regards,

Tristan Kohler

AWitek
Level 4
I cannot believe what i'm reading. I experienced this same problem on 2 differnt backup setups.  Where was the testing in this product?

This is such a distasteful product. Thank goodness for these forums!