cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs hang during verify

Ken_Grunstra
Level 3
We run 12 separate backup jobs every night, all of them to hard disk files. Almost every morning when I check the status of the jobs from the previous night, there is one job still verifying. For example, this morning a job which does an SQL backup has been running for over 11 hours. The last time this job ran, it completed successfully in 4 minutes. The problem does not appear to be related to any specific job. Also, when a job enters this state, it will not cancel. When I try to cancel the job, the job status displays "Cancel Pending" and remains in that state until I stop the Backup Exec Job Engine service. I've seen several threads in this forum related to this issue, but I've yet to see a definitive answer from Symatec. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?
5 REPLIES 5

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Do you receive any error message?

- Do you receive any events in the event logs?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

*************************************************************************************************

Ken_Grunstra
Level 3
No error messages. No events in the event logs. As far as BE is concerned, the job is still running.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Are you backing up on the tape or a backup to disk folder.

- If you are backing up on a tape try a test backup on the back up to disk folder and check if the same problem occurs

- Kindly install teh latest veritas drivers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ken_Grunstra
Level 3
We are backing up to disk, as I said in my original post. Where can I get the latest Veritas drivers?

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Does the backup to tape work in the night?

Are there any active alerts in Backup Exec when the job hangs in running state?

What is the version of Backup Exec? You may also upgrade to 10d. Refer:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/279332
http://support.veritas.com/docs/281044
* Please reinstall remote agents after the upgrade.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.