cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs to set up to back up lotus domino 6.5.5 and point-in-time restore ?

Raoul_Raymundo
Level 3
Hello, I am trying to find out how our backup strategy should be to support a remote client Windows 2003 server Enterprise Edition with Lotus Domino 6.5.5. I have set up a weekly full backup and a daily differential backup of this server. Backups look good but do I need to set up other jobs to do the lotus Domino database separately? We also have transaction logging turned on. Is the Full and Daily Differential jobs I have setup sufficient to enable us to restore a mailfile database using transaction logging (point-in-time)? First time I'm doing this with Backup Exec, so pardon the ignorance.

Also, I have read in the Admin Guides 10D that point-in-time restores can not be redirected. Will this ever be addressed by Veritas in this or later release - to allow point-in-time restore of the Lotus Domino mailfile database to be redirected?

Our Backup Exec 10D is running on another Windows 2003 server enterprise edition server.

Thank you for your help,
Raoul
1 REPLY 1

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Refer the link :

How to properly perform a backup of Lotus Domino with Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/282069

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.