cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Prejob fails to run (. Error (5): Access is denied.)

Philip_Deul
Level 2
I am having a problem with my pre commands not working properly. I am using a bat file to fracture luns on a SAN. The batch file works properly when running it in windows. When I enter the location and the bat file and run the job I get a access . Error (5): Access is denied. I am running the pre command on the local media server and the remote agent service is set to use the local system account. The backup exec services are set to use a domain admin account. I am using backup exec 10d sp1

I created a new bat file with only "cmd" in it and the job still fails to run with the same error. I tried copying the files into the E:\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT folder and not specifying a patch like was suggested and I get the same failure. The post job file does not have a problem running.
3 REPLIES 3

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

The error "Error: Could not start Pre Job Command < XXX>. Error (5): Access is denied." occurs, if Backup Exec is trying to use a account other than the Local system account to log on or if the path inserted for execution scripts is incorrect or the incorrect way of executing the batch file.

what does this command do ? on local or remote computer ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Philip_Deul
Level 2
I am running the pre command on the local media server and the remote agent service is set to use the local system account

regardless of what is in batch file it does not run. I can type notepad in the batch file and it will not execute inside of backup exec.Message was edited by:
Philip Deul

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Thank you for the Update !

1.Start SGMON
http://support.veritas.com/docs/190979

2.Start Backup with the Pre-Command !

Check the SGMON.log file for any related error and paste it here

Also any related Event Ids are generated ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.