cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Document ID 268826

Will_Randall
Level 3
I am having the issue that is detailed in Document ID 268826. Basically, when attempting to use Run Now to start a duplicate job I receive the error "e00081cb - Could not open the script file." This is exactly described in the document referenced above.

I have called Tech Support but they state they cannot help me as I do not have a support contract, even though the document clearly admits that this is a flaw in the Veritas software.

Anyway, the document states that Veritas has a script that will fix the problem. Does anyone have this script or has encountered a similar problem? Hopefully a rep. from Veritas will respond with their fix for a known problem.

Regards,

- William
3 REPLIES 3

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To give the exact solution, it is necesarry to examine the logs. So it is better to contact Technical Support who will be able to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Will_Randall
Level 3
Thanks for your response. However, as you can read in my original posting, Veritas Technical Support will not assist me. In fact, they told me to post the issue here in this forum in order to obtain help from someone such as yourself. At this point I am frustrated with Veritas's lack of support for their product (I am not surprised), so I have modified my backup schedules to run dupicate jobs immediately after another job instead of scheduling them.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Will,

Does the problem with the error persist? If yes, does it occur for all duplicate jobs or just for some of them?

What is the exact version and revision of backup exec used by you? When the error occurs do you get any errors in the evnt logs?

Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.