cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lentidão na conclusão do backup.

cleberguilherme
Level 2

Prezados,

Tenho um servidor com uma unidade de Fita HP interna Scsi ULTRIUM 960 utilizando fitas LTX400G Sony.

Estou enfrentando uma dificuldade com o tempo de termino do backup o que esta deixando a minha rede lenta.

Antigamente nosso backup tinha total de 195GB e o intervalo entre tarefas era de 1.238,00MB/min esse processo demorava cerca de 3horas para conclusão.

Atualmente nosso backup esta com total de 242GB e o intervalo entre tarefas está em 243,00MB/min e o tempo para conclusão está em mais de 12 horas.

Isso esta afetando diretamente no trabalho dos setores.

Olhei no Forum e vi um post de lentidão e informavam para olhar nas propriedades da unidade e desabilitar o MODO DE GRAVAÇÃO DE BLOCO UNICO.

Alterei essa opção que estava habilitada para mim ainda durante o processo de backup e este nao solucionou.

Devo manter a configuração ou remove-la?

A alteração so sera valida no proximo Backup ou ja deveria estar funcionando?

Agradeço desde já.

Translate to inglish with google sorry about this.

gentlemen,

I have a server with a tape drive HP ULTRIUM 960 SCSI internaltape using Sony LTX400G.

I am experiencing difficulty with a finish time of the backup that is leaving my slow network.

Previously had our backup total of 195GB and the intervalbetween tasks was 1238.00 MB / min this process took about 3 hours to complete.

Currently our backup this with a total of 242GB and the intervalbetween tasks is 243.00 MB / min and time to completion ismore than 12 hours.

This is directly affecting the work of sectors.

I looked in and saw a post Forum of slowness and reported tolook at the drive properties and disable the RECORDING MODESINGLE BLOCK.

Change this option was enabled for me even during the backup process and this has not solved.

Should I keep the setting or remove it?

The change only apply in the next backup or should already be working?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

I normally disable the following:

Write single block mode

Write SCSI pass-through mode

I also up the Buffer size on the tape drive to 1MB, and leave the Block size alone as this CAN corrupt backups.

That said, if you have added additional data to back up, what was it that increased it nearly 50GB? Read the article below for further information, and make sure that your media server is fully patched with all available patches and updates for your version of BE 2010. If you're not running BE 2010 R3, consider upgrading to that too...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH8326

Thanks!

cleberguilherme
Level 2

Thanks to fast answer.

I disable now the option write scsi.

this change has an effect only during the backup or the next job, if I do a change when the job is running will result immediately or should wait to see on the next job?

CraigV

...I've changed it during the backup and never noticed anything. You should see some sort of change during the next 1.

cleberguilherme
Level 2

Dont Work, during the backup the interval between task show 1.700,00, in 2 hours the backup has over 170gb of 220GB.

But now the backup the backup is not over and the interval back to 284,000MB.

CraigV

OK...so what did you add to make the job back up more? Or is this just normal data growth?

What type of files are you backing up? Lots of small files cause a backup to run slower to tape as the dirve never reaches a sustained throughput. You can also double-check network throughput by copying a fairly large amount of files between the media server and the remote server, and vice versa.

Are you running the latest version of BE 2010 which is R3 with all the patches installed? If not, and you don't want to upgrade to that, make sure your media server is running the latest patches by running LiveUpdate and that you're using the latest Symantec drivers for your drive.

cleberguilherme
Level 2

Craig dont pay attention to size of backup the data size currently in 220 to 249 gb.

The files are PDF, XLS, BAK, JPG, BMP all the types.

The unity of backup its intern on the server. I think maybe this delay its for the verification can not be? i think in the next try only backup without verification.

I think its very strange that the backup at the beginning has 1.7GB of traffic per minute and then fall to much.

I will try now the update.

CraigV

...you can also check and make sure you don't have any drives in prefailure if you run a RAID set. Check for any hardware errors in the Event Viewer and also in Devices, within BE, check for Hard Write Errors when you click on the drive itself...