cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License activation

Tony_Ching
Level 2

Just purchased the following for backing up 3 sets of Windows 2012 server.

BackupExec 15 x 3

Agent for Windows x 2

Agent for Applications and Databases x 1

I can successfully activate the license on the first server and after the installation it shows

Product Name Qty End Date
Backup Exec 15 3 N/A
Agent for Windows 2 N/A
(Maintenance) Backup Exec 15 3 11/10/2016
(Maintenance) Agent for Windows 2 11/10/2016

then I install the Backup Exec 15 on the second server and try to activate it.  It shows the following error:

ERROR: 2120028: The maximum number of registrations for this serial number has been reached.  For questions about additional registrations for this serial number, please contact Customer Care.

How could I fix this?

-Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

OK then in that case use the SLF file method to apply licenses and download them from My Veritas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6

imho, it is not necessary to purchase 3 Backup Exec 15 licenses.

You would need just 1 BE 15 license and the remaining servers can be protected using the remote agent licenses.

Colin_Weaver

I suspect you have to push install them from one server to the other (or go to the My Veritas Website, login and download the SLF file)

However are you really intending to configure 3 backup servers or did you intend to configure one server as a backup server and backup the others with remote agents - if the latter then you might have bought too many licenses

Basically what you have bought looks like it allows you to install

3 Backup Exec Servers (which can backup themeslves excluding any databases installed on the same server)

2 Windows agents - which can be used to backup remote servers (but are not needed to run backups against the actual Backup Exec Servers)

1 Database agent which can backup a database (such as Exchange) and is needed whether the database is local or remote to the Backup Exec Server (if this is used against a remote server then it also allows the operating and file systems of that remote server to be backed up so no need for a Windows Agent and a database agent for that remote server)

Tony_Ching
Level 2

I need three backup server licenses because those three servers are in three difference physical location each with tape drive direct attached to it.

Colin_Weaver

OK then in that case use the SLF file method to apply licenses and download them from My Veritas

Tony_Ching
Level 2

Ok, I will try but I also have problem on registering my Entitlement ID.  MyVeritas said couldn't found my Entitlement ID inside their database, so I am looking for help from their CS.

VJware
Level 6

Try calling CS at 1 (866) 837-4827

Met11
Not applicable

Hi, i've the same problem, but I'm in europe... how can I contact CS?

Thanks