cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for CPS? Two servers?

KevinRusch
Not applicable
I'm having two separate issues here, and hopefully someone can shed some light on them for me.

First, we had a demo of BackupExec with CPS 12.5 for Windows Server 2008 and it looked like it was *just* what we wanted.  What we want to do is have 1 server (Server6) keep current snapshots of another server (Server4)'s data.  When the job runs, the latest version of Server4's data ends up on Server6, as well as a journal of the changes (at the block level) of the files that happened since the last run of the job.  Worked great, everyone was happy with the Eval.

So we purchased Backupexec 12.5.  I tried to install CPS and our install keys (that worked for BackupExec) didn't work for CPS.  I thought they came together?  Are we doing something wrong on that front?

So I figured I'd press on and installed the CPS demo on Server6.  (The previous installation I discussed above has been removed since we ran the Eval.)    Once we get everything straight, Server6 will be our Master backup location.  However, now that I'm trying to set up a backup job, I'm getting an error saying "You must have 2 servers before you can have a job."  Well, that seems a little odd, but maybe I need to push something to server 4.  So I installed the BackupExec Remote Agent for Windows servers is up and running on Server4.  But it's not showing up in my "Servers" list, and when I try the "push install CPS Wizard" trick, I get "an error occurred while trying to communicate with server4 -- Unspecified Error".  (This is, of course, after saying I'll be running an Eval since I can't get the license keys to work.)

So it's kind of a mess.  Am I barking up the wrong tree here?  

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on things,

kevin
1 REPLY 1

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You need to instal the license key for the remote agent on the servers Runnign CPA