Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing problem.

fv
Level 3
Partner

Hi.

I have 1 costumer with SBS license and the problem with granular backup/restore.

Licensing information say all licensed and installed, except Linux and Mac Agent.

Install made as upgrade, and according to http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH184281 this could be a problem, and should be reinstalled.

BUT!!!

another costumer, earlier BE12.5 was uninstalled. (no manual file removal though) and installed with the slf-file. (=Not trial)

The license information in "Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server" is correct.

But, for some reason, on "Home" tab it says "059 days remaining."

and licensing information says all licensed and installed except Linux, Mac and Windows Agent AND "Small Business Edition Agent for Windows" is also in trial mode.

so I'm not sure that reinstalling would work in my first costumer. :)

How do I fix the trail mode with the 2nd costumer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Start by removing the *.slf license and then readding it.

Otherwise a reinstall shouldn't mess with any settings on the server, but just in case you follow this route, grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders BEFORE running the reinstallation.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Start by removing the *.slf license and then readding it.

Otherwise a reinstall shouldn't mess with any settings on the server, but just in case you follow this route, grab copies of the Data/Catalogs folders BEFORE running the reinstallation.

Thanks!