cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP Authentication Failure BE2010 R3 and VNXe

sylvain_deniau
Level 3

Recently our organization purchased and configured an EMC VNXe 3100 running as a NAS with CIFS Shared Folders configured. We are trying to setup Backup Exec 2010 R3 to backup these folders using NDMP Option.

When trying to add the NDMP Server we receive the following error message: "Unable to authenticate with the NDMP server, or with the remote computer that is configured as a Remote Media Agent, or with the remote computer that is configured for deduplication."

We have enable the ndmp mode to the VNXe and change the ndmp user password.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...and that account has been added into Backup Exec? If not, do so, then try browse the selection and select that account when it asks you to authenticate.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV

Hi,

Add that user into BE as well, and then make sure the selection list has the folders you want to backup as a CIFS share...ie: \\Servername\Share.

See if this works and post back with an agent.

You're going to get that error if you try backing up a NAS as you can't install the RAWS/RALUS agent onto it.

Also make sure the VNXe is supported on the BE 2010 HCL as per the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137050

Check the EMC forum topic as well, and obviously make sure the NDMP option is enabled on the media server:

https://community.emc.com/message/548318

THanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you installed a NDMP licence?

sylvain_deniau
Level 3

CraigV, I have add the ndmp user in the service user in BE. The CIFS share is accessible with the URL \\Servername\Share. VNXe is supported on the BE 2010 HCL with the NDMP option. It 's not possible to install the RAWS or RALUS agent to the VNXe, that why I want to use the NDMP option.

pkh, I have installed the NDMP option on a trial license for 60 day for testing it.

Thanks for your help !

CraigV

...and you can browse to the VNXe and create folders/files on it from the backup server?

Try adding the CIFS share in via IP address...

sylvain_deniau
Level 3

Yes, in the OS I look at the share with the UNC. But in the BE console, when I add the cifs share, I have 2 directory, the NAS and other, but I do not see their contents. And when I add a serveur NDMP I have the message in the screenshot.

sylvain_deniau
Level 3

OK, I made a success to add the server NDMP (bad IP from the virtual file server) !!!

But now, when I test the authentification of the shared folder in my backup selection I have an error who say me " The indicated account of connection does not arrange information of valid authentification ". I test this with the same account which I used to add the NDMP server !!

Who can help me ????

Thanks

CraigV

...and that account has been added into Backup Exec? If not, do so, then try browse the selection and select that account when it asks you to authenticate.