cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Update and Agents

Kent_Wyatt
Level 3
I am newer to v11d of BE. In previous versions, most if not all of the hot fixes, service packs, etc required reinstalling and/or updating the remote agents, OFO, DLO agents, etc, etc, etc. With Live Update in v11d, if I have it download and install the updates, is it also updating my agents on other machines? If not, how does one know when an update requires you to manually push out agents again?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
LiveUpdate will not update the remote agents. You'll need to redeploy them.
To know if you need to redeploy the agents, you can look in the release notes for the hotfix. IIRC after installing a hotfix using LiveUpdate, if it needs a reboot you get an alert, but I don't recall any alerts saying agents need redeploying.

Scott_Straub
Level 4
IMO it would be a huge improvement in usability if the hot fix opened a window either asking to update the remote agents or at least provide a notice that they should be updated at that time.  It is VERY EASY to miss this item in the release notes.

Eric_Sterner
Level 3
I agree with you Scott.  Liveupdate should notify us if the remote agents need updating.  Even the liveupdate section of the release notes do not mention the need to update the remote agents.  I have used liveupdate since installing 11d and have never updated my remotes, I guess I'll be doing that this weekend!