cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liveupdate for remote agents?

Stefan_s1
Level 3
 I notice that we can use liveupdate on BE servers (BE 11D on 2003 Server) which is a big improvement over CA, I cannot find it on the servers that have remote agents installed. How can I make sure that the agent is up to date with patches or is that handled by the server that deployed the agent?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
Hi Stefan,
The remote agents don't update themselves at all.
The media server can use Liveupdate to download and install patches, and also notify you when they're available through alerts. Note that updates will generally ask for a reboot of the media server.
If the updates affect the remote agent at all, you should redeploy the remote agents in the way you did the orignal installation.
To find out if you need to redeploy remote agents, you can check the Technote for the hotfix on the site. I don't think the Liveupdate will warn you if an remote agent needs updating.
Remote agent updates don't require a reboot unless you use AOFO

Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shirmal
Level 5
Hi Stefan,
The remote agents don't update themselves at all.
The media server can use Liveupdate to download and install patches, and also notify you when they're available through alerts. Note that updates will generally ask for a reboot of the media server.
If the updates affect the remote agent at all, you should redeploy the remote agents in the way you did the orignal installation.
To find out if you need to redeploy remote agents, you can check the Technote for the hotfix on the site. I don't think the Liveupdate will warn you if an remote agent needs updating.
Remote agent updates don't require a reboot unless you use AOFO

Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal