Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liveupdate

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I having an problem with live updates of BE 2010 R2,

when we run the live update we get an meesage that we should register first and when we click yes to register then we get an error. we didnot have this issue before any idea why we get this errors?

Thanks,

Shahin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Shouldn't need 1, no.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Check here how to register BE with LiveUpdate:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316846.htm

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

I did follow your suggestion and run the BeUpdateOps.exe -AddBE -OptOut  from command prompt, but I get this message:

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Shahin123
Level 6

Already tried that and I can find the ProductRegCom_3_3.DLL in the location tha artical mentioned

CraigV

Hi,

You can also try a repair of BE using Add/Remove Programs, or look at uninstalling LiveUpdate using Add/Remove Programs and then reinstall it off your BE installation media.

Thanks!

Shahin123
Level 6

Hi,

Thanks for your replay,

we use the BE 2010 R2 with an Tape library, does removing the Live update need a server reboot?

also we have an support contrect with symantic, that we didnot use it yes, can we open a request online? or it have to be doen only from telefoon?

Thanks

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, you can open a support case onlina via mysupport.symantec.com...Else, you may contact Support via phone..

Removing LiveUpdate does not force a reboot, although if you can reboot it, is fine, if not, it would be OK as well.

CraigV

Shouldn't need 1, no.

Shahin123
Level 6

Thanks I will contect the support.