cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading media infinitely

Sergio_Maroni
Level 4

Hello!

We have some problem when backing up on Dedup folder.

Media Server configuration:

Windows 2008 R2 standart, 64 bit, 6 GB RAM , Dedup size - 3,25 TB, BackUP Exec 2010 R2 SP 1 with all Hotfix.

Dedup  have 7 concurent operation, 50 GB allocate file, and 1 TB free space.

Problem description:

When we backup MS Exchange 2003 job status stay on Loading Media, and it take 8 Hour and dont change.

Also we have other  backup job on deduplication folder that start 2 - 3 hour after  MS Exchange job. And they didnt start all have job status Queued. Why its happen ? when we have 7 concurent operation on Dedup folder.

We have another problem with backup which i`m post about on https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/dont-work-verify-job-dedup-folder

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Sergio,

There is some basic troubleshooting you can do which is what you should be advised to do first:

1. Check if that particular job runs by itself first...in other words, run this job when no other jobs are running. If it queues again, check and see if there is an alert either in the job itself, or in the Alerts tab itself.

2. Check the agent on the remote server running Exchange and make sure that it is running and publishing correctly to your media server.

3. If you're using AOFO, turn it off...

4. Uninstall the RAWS agent from the Exchange server, and reinstall it...

THanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Any active alerts waiting for response?

Sergio_Maroni
Level 4

No active alerts,  only information alerts.

After restart server in job log which didnt start (Queued status) has error

e0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.

In Windows Application log  has error 10016

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer to this TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH56516

At present for me symantec knowledgebase is not working. (Getting status 500 error).

You may have to wait for knowledgebase to start functioning to check that article.

Regards....

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Sergio,

There is some basic troubleshooting you can do which is what you should be advised to do first:

1. Check if that particular job runs by itself first...in other words, run this job when no other jobs are running. If it queues again, check and see if there is an alert either in the job itself, or in the Alerts tab itself.

2. Check the agent on the remote server running Exchange and make sure that it is running and publishing correctly to your media server.

3. If you're using AOFO, turn it off...

4. Uninstall the RAWS agent from the Exchange server, and reinstall it...

THanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It may be that your dedup folder is acting up.  Try the same job, but this time targeting a normal B2D folder.

Sergio_Maroni
Level 4

Thanks !

I` will try all of you advice. And post result.

Sergio_Maroni
Level 4

No, it`s dont help. I`m do  what write in this article . Error on system log wase gone but it is dont solve problem with BE.

Sergio_Maroni
Level 4

I`m do all what you advice me. but it is dont help instantly. after few days problem still.

But now all work fine. Problem is solved ) But how and Why i`m dont know :(