cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Accounts

Younis_George
Not applicable
Hi,
We are running Backup Exec 10 SP4 on Windows Server 2003 SP1 to back up Exchange Server 2003. Back in Decemebr 2005 we took the back on tape of exchnage mailboxes using Domain Admin login account. The password for login accounts has been chnage in March 2006. Today when I tried to restore one mailbox it could not connect to tape because of different password. I changed the login password and it was able to connect with the tape but when it start writing on Exchange it could not authenticate.

My question is that how can we use different accounts one for Veritas to connect with the tape and second to connect with exchnage server. I gues the backup job can use only one account at a time to connect with the tape and to write on exchange server. What is the best way to retore mailbox from the tape. I want to mention that Brick Method was used to backup mail boxes.

Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Younis,

If �we understand this correctly, the Password for the Domain Administartor has been changed.
If that is the case, you could let all the services, apart from the Remote Agent, run under this new account with the new password. Recycle all the services once and then try the resotre again.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
Regards