cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon account cannot access computer

Level 2
I'm trying to add a new computer to the backup tasks and it says the logon account cannot access the computer. How can I get it to access the computer?

I'm new to Veritas and I didn't set up any of the previous backups. The guy who did got shipped to Iraq before I ever came to work here and I've been asked to fix something I know nothing about, so ANY help is greatly appreciated!!
5 REPLIES 5

Jamie_Fox
Level 3
The network account you are using on the backup server must be added to the local administrators group on the machine you are trying to back up.

J

Level 2
How do I view the network account?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Assuming that all other machines are backing up properly you can either

Add the BackupExec service account to the local admins group on that machine
or
Go to the Backup Selections Screen
Drill down to the Server in question
Right Click and choose "connect as"
Enter an account with rights on that machine.

You can user either the format

DomainID for a domain id
or
ServerName\UserID for a local ID on that machine

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Verify whether the Backup Exec services are running with a Domain Administrator Account.

The Remote Agent for Windows Servers service should be running with "Local System Account".

The account should have the following rights

1)Logon as a service

2)Create a token object

3)Act as part of an operating system.

As additional information you may refer to the following document:

"How to create a System Logon Account in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers"

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274012

After changing the Backup Exec 9.x "service account" using the Services applet, the error message: "A required privilege is not held by the client" is displayed after clicking the "Backup" button.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254239

hope it helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.