cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for info about "FDI Server Error"

Peter_Eggenberg
Level 3
Please help me understand about "Error 2350: FDI Server Error", as described in the error log below.

Thanks,
Pete

04-18-2006,08:44:40 : ERROR: Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data.Cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
04-18-2006,08:44:41 : DEBUG: Error 2350: FDI Server Error
04-18-2006,08:44:41 : ERROR: Internal Error 2350.
11 REPLIES 11

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please download the software from the following link

VERITAS Backup Exec 9.1 (tm) for Windows Servers revision 4691 (Single .ZIP download)]
<<>>

<<>>

<<>>

<<>>

<<>>

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Peter_Eggenberg
Level 3
Thanks. I checked the links you suggested but could find little information about 'FDI Server Error' or the cause of my install problems. Can you tell me of specific information that may be helpful?

Thanks,
Pete

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
That's a Microsoft Installer error. Search for "FDI Server Error" on the MS site and you'll find a couple hits that don't give much additional info. From a Backup Exec standpoint, it means something is wrong with the installer package. Try another download of BE.

Peter_Eggenberg
Level 3
Russ,

Thanks for your help. I've been searching & searching, gathering a list of possible causes. Installer is one of the suspects (among about 10!), but it's nice to have a 'second opinion'. I'll focus my efforts there. I'm thinking of checking/verifying/updating installer -- if you have other specific suggestions I'll be grateful.

BTW, I've had real trouble turning-up any info about FDI server (tried searching MS web sites, and several other searches). If you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Again,
Pete

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you please elaborate us on the issue..

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Peter_Eggenberg
Level 3
Sweta,

Thanks for your help. Here is a summary of events. After you review the notes please let me know of specific questions you may have, or of what additional, detailed information I can provide.

BE 9.1 was running fine on my client's Windows 2003 Server when some change was made to the server. Details of the change are unknown, but I beleive it was either an update of Windows or an update of BE 9.1. After the change BE stopped working. It stopped creating backup tapes, and when attempts were made to use the control panel BE responded with an error of "Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start...". I made some effort to understand and correct this problem, but ultimately decided to simply re-install BE 9.1. When I attempted re-installation the process failed with an error of "Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data.Cab' required for this installatin is corrupt and cannot be used...". I checked the installation log file and found additional information of an error "Error 2350: FDI Server Error" which seems to be associated with the 1335 error.

I've made several attempts at re-installing, under different conditions. I've tried installing from another source/media (downloaded copy of BE91, in place of original CD) and ruled-out file corruption (IE - results are the same with both sets). I've noticed that although the error message (#1335) is the same in each case, the subject file is different. Often it fails on a file data.cab, but it is actually different versions of the file, from different directories within the installation file set.

I've provided an excerpt from the installation log in a previous post. If you would like a copy of the entire log please let me know and I'll send it.

Please let me know your ideas of what could be causing this problem.

Thanks!
Pete

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you changed the name of the BE server?

What is the exact error message in the bkupinst.log file?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Peter_Eggenberg
Level 3
Deepali,

Thanks. Here are answers to your questions:

Have you changed the name of the BE server? No. The server name has never been changed.

What is the exact error message in the bkupinst.log file? Here is an excerpt from bkupisnt.log:

04-18-2006,08:44:40 : ERROR: Error 1335.The cabinet file 'Data.Cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.
04-18-2006,08:44:41 : DEBUG: Error 2350: FDI Server Error
04-18-2006,08:44:41 : ERROR: Internal Error 2350

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Pete

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

If you are installing from network share, copy the installable to a local
drive and then start the installation.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Peter_Eggenberg
Level 3
Problem has been solved. For details contact me at peteegg_at_yahoo.com.

Pete

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your update.

Thanks.