cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost BE 15 Server

Denis_Osipov
Level 2

Hello, 

we lost our BE 15 server (feature pack 5), all we have now is a tape media with the following information:

1. Full backup of C':\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec' folder.
2. Full backup of BEDB database.
3. Encryption key (.dek file).

What are our options to restore the BE server and full catalog? We have tons of tape media, and it will take ages to catalog them.

Please advice.

1 REPLY 1

Denis_Osipov
Level 2

UPD:

What I already have tried:

1. Setup a new server (same OS 2012r2 + BE 15 feature pack 5).
2. Stopped all BE services on the new server, stopped BKUPEXEC SQL Instance.
3. Copied and replaced 'C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Data' and 'C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs' with the folders restored from backup (old server folders).
4. Run SQL BKUPEXEC Instance.
5. Run BE Console.

Whoala! I got my catalog, resources and jobs showing in the console.
I even tried to see the details on the very first allocated media tape -- and it showed me the backup set allocated on it.

But later I saw EventID 34305 with the following message:

Catalog server database has been synchronized with catalog files in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\.
Number of backup sets added to the database are 3.
Number of backup sets deleted from the database are 3141.
Size of the catalog folder is 2.3699 MB.
Size of data processed in the catalog files during synchronization is 0.02996 MB.
Number of noncatalog files in the catalog folder are 0.

For more information, click the following link:
http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=BE&module=eng-event&error=V-379-34305&build=retail&version=1...

Now I can see only job history in the console.
When I click 'Details' on any tape media and try to see backup set on it, BE says 'No backup sets found'.

Why my catalog is disappeared? I copied Data and Catalog Folders as well as BEDB from the old server to the new one, so I thouht everything should be fine.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.