Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPI error on backup/restore of Exchange 2007

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner

Hello,

We are getting the following error on the following system setup

Exchange 2007 (SP0 with Update Rollup 6) on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard 64bit with SP2 and the newest MAPI 1.2.1 (6.5.8067.0) from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E17E7F31-079A-43A9-BFF2-0A110307611E&displa...

Backup Exec 12.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard 32bit with SP2 and same exchange 2007 management consol as the exchange server (version 08.00.0685.018).

The error we are getting is that we should install the newest MAPI client.

V-79-57344-4615 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft web site.

We have the MAPI client installed and the server has been restartet. We can't update the server (yet) since it relies on other services running on other servers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner
Forgot to say that we found the problem. It was because SP1 wasn't installed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner

I just noticed that we get some more errors when trying to restore individual mails from the backup.

Restore- ExMBX01.hosted.localV-79-57344-4615 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft web site.
V-79-57344-33029 - Error - Mount failed.
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.
V-79-57344-33029 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

And i forgot to say that we use backup to disk folders, not tape.

MAHESHN
Level 4

please uninstall the Mapi CDO objects package on exchange / reboot the server and re-install the same ..

regards,

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner

Thanks for the tip Maheshn.

I already tried that after installing the MAPI client. But i will try to uninstall again and then reboot and install it. Do i have to reboot after installing it?

I will get back to you as soon as i can get the server rebooted this weekend.

MAHESHN
Level 4
reboot recommended after uninstall and install

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner

Hello Maheshn,

Now i finaly got the mapi client installed but we still get errors saying it isnt installed.

When we do a backup we get this message:

V-79-57344-4615 - To support individual mailbox message and folder restores from Information Store backups, you must download and install the Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Client and Collaboration Data Objects package version 06.05.7888 or later on the Exchange 2007 server. This package can be found on the Microsoft web site.

When we try to restore we get this message:

V-79-57344-33029 - Error - Mount failed.
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.
V-79-57344-33029 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

Could it be because the Exchange 2007 server havent been updated with SP1 and alle the other latest updates?

ewadmin
Level 4
Couldn't quite tell from this thread, is the MAPI and CDO client installed on the Backup Exec server?  You need the same version of Exchange Managemet Console and the MAPI/CDO that is on your Exchange servers to be installed on Backup Exec server, too.

TJay_2
Level 4
Partner
Forgot to say that we found the problem. It was because SP1 wasn't installed.