cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDE / Upgrade from 8.6 to 10.0 SP1/HF15 (or 10D)

Tim_Keller
Level 3
After doing a trial upgrade from 8.6 to 10.0 SP1/HF15 (with a MSDE/Local SQL DB for the install), I receive the following warning in the W2K3 Application Event log:

17052 :
This SQL Server has been optimized for 8 concurrent queries. This limit has been exceeded by 1 queries and performance may be adversely affected.

There were about 75gig of catalogs converted, and 30+jobs. This will be my SSO Master in my final configuration, with 3 other SSO remote media servers.

My concern is obviously final performance in a production environment - Will I need SQL Standard on the Master Media Server? The remote SSO servers have SQL (Std and Enterprise) installed, but I'm planning on using a local MSDE database for the BE/SSO installation on the remote media servers. Will this be a problem locally on the remote SSO Media servers as well?

Will this behavior be different in V10.d?
2 REPLIES 2

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello Tim,

Please refer to the following article of Microsoft for this error:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814572

Also, are multiple jobs running at the same time?
Or any jobs running during this time of alerts being posted?

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Tim_Keller
Level 3
I did not recieve any of the symptoms listed in the Microsoft article, and the application seemed to function just fine.

This was just after I converted from 8.6 to 10.0 SP1/HF15, and no jobs were running. Again - I'm concerned that there will be performance degradation (Our ADIC/S100 - 8-LTO-1 drives). Potentially, 8 job threads will be running from 4 media servers.

I did a fresh upgrade of with 10D and not not received this error, but encountered other issues (will post separate thread). Again, a trial migration prior to full upgrade. Without full functionality (post upgrade), I'm assuming this is about all that can be accomplished here.

Thanks.