cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox restore Exchange 5.5 fails

Mike_McKee
Level 2
I am trying to restore some mailboxes archived from Exchange 5.5. The mailboxes were backed up and deleted from the exchange server. When I tried to restore them, I got the error message :

Access denied - unable to restore...
a0008488 - Access is denied.

I rebuilt the mailboxes and made the admin the primary user and it restored most of them. I still have 2 that give me the error message.
3 REPLIES 3

Pierre_Cossette
Level 2
Why don't you try creating 2 other brand new mailboxes, and redirect the restore towards those 2 new mailboxes, then, with Outlook, you could transfer the messages from the newly created mailboxes to the original ones.

Mike_McKee
Level 2
I tried to redirect to another mailbox, and got the same error messages. I am new to this so I may have made a mistake, but it looked pretty straight forward.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Have you tried using the "Automatically Recreate user accounts and mailboxes" option during restore? That will recreate the user account in active directory, as well as the mailbox on the 5.5 server.

If you tried to recreate the user account and mailbox already manually, I would delete them prior to running this option just to be sure there are no mismatched id's.