cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Trouble

Jeff_Mock
Level 3
I'm in a rather serious predicament. I'm at a customers location and it appears as though they have no organization of their backups. They have a tape library and after so long they take the tapes out and put new ones in. So, I have all the tapes that I need, I'm just having a problem figuring out how to get the data off these tapes. I have no idea what's on them or when they are from. Is there a way to throw the tapes in the library and somehow find out what's on them. They've changed tapes about five times so they have 5 sets. Really, any set will do because every set has the same collection of data - it's just older on some than others. Please help!!
7 REPLIES 7

Ricardo_Pistari
Level 5
Catalog the tapes, then you'll be able to see the contents at restore selection...

Jeff_Mock
Level 3
Thanks for the help. The catalog seems to be huge, it's still running and is already up at 1TB. I noticed that I see a few backup available in the restore area. Can I cancel the catalog now that some of the backups are available or do I have to let it run it's course?

Ricardo_Pistari
Level 5
if you see what you need to restore, you can cancel catalog job, no problem. For a full list of items that can be restored, you'll need to let it run.

Jeff_Mock
Level 3
ok, I'm attempting to restore an exchange mailbox. Every appears to go through as in the job shows up in job monitor, it changes from loading media to running, but after about 1 minute of running and restoring 0 bytes, the job fails and I get this error message.

Error category : Resource ErrorsError : a000848c - Unable to attach to one of the drives.

Ricardo_Pistari
Level 5
You'll have to close this thread and open a new one with this new error, because it's not related with catalogs.

Ladon
Level 3
Make sure you Inventory the Media also, This is done from the device tab i think.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please open a new thread if the original issue is resolved.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh