cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major issue reading the drive inventory.

skylabby
Level 2

Hello everyone, I'm seeking some assistance with a current issue i am experiencing with my backup exec software.

My config.

Dell 2950, Windows 2003 R2 x64,Dual Quad Core Xenon, 8Gb Ram

Dell TL2000 drive connected through Dell SAS 5/E Adapter Controller

Symantec Backup Exec 2010.

Previously i had Backup Exec 12 installed and all worked find for a while i could backup and restore without a problem

however now, the software continually reports communication errors if i run a restore, however if i run a catalog of

say any tape in the magazine then the drive reads, i've upgraded to 2010 and still i have the same error, i've remove the

drivers and installed only symantec drivers and still no joy.. can anyone give any assistance with this issue.

nannhy dueh.

sysAdmin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

skylabby
Level 2

ok guys thanks for all the assistance, I've since communitaed with dell and they've pointed out that there is an issue that symantec just cant seem to solve, the tape drive somehow goes into a paused state and the software doesnt acknowledge this and stops or pause the job, apparently this is quite an old issue which just hasnt been addressed by symantec, i just figured it was dell doing some finger pointing but it was the solution to my problem.

Thanks you again for all the responses to my query.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Could you post the error message or job log.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Make sure you run the restore with an account which have proper rights and permission on the remote server and the remote agent servie is running on the remote server . What are you trying to restore  ?

skylabby
Level 2

ok guys thanks for all the assistance, I've since communitaed with dell and they've pointed out that there is an issue that symantec just cant seem to solve, the tape drive somehow goes into a paused state and the software doesnt acknowledge this and stops or pause the job, apparently this is quite an old issue which just hasnt been addressed by symantec, i just figured it was dell doing some finger pointing but it was the solution to my problem.

Thanks you again for all the responses to my query.

Brandon