cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed Server Jobs report as Missing Availability Window but actually run

zcorcoran
Level 2
 We have two Backup Exec 2010 servers. One is the "main" server (Server A) and the other one is managed by it (Server B). Server A controls all the jobs on Server B. The jobs are running, and according to Server B they are kicking off and showing any errors they encounter. Server A however simply says this for every Server B job:

e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed.

... which would be fine if the jobs weren't actually running on time, but they definitely are. Since Server A is the main server, it needs to report the job status of Server B accurately.
We upgraded both of these servers from 12.5 to 2010. For a little while, Server A was at 2010 while Server B was still at 12.5. They worked well then. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

2 REPLIES 2

SystemsAdminAS
Level 5
zcorcoran,

Have you LiveUpdated both machines to current?  Also, is the system time on both servers the same or synced to a single atomic clock?

Khue
Level 4
I am seeing similar issues on BE 12.0. After a bit of digging, I found this post that seems to indicate that there is a DST issue inside of BE. I am not sure if it is related to your specific issue or not. You are clearly seeing the problem prior to dst changes which occurred on the 14th of March and not the 9th. The coolest part of the issue is this guy seems to indicate that the fix is to let the job fail once, and then it will work subsequently. Kind of an unacceptable fix in my opinion. Perhaps someone from Symantec can comment?