cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually added Windows Systems doesn't appear in the Favorite Resources in Windows Systems

cpatte7372
Level 4

Hello,

My company has recently purchased Backup Exec for Windows Servers. We are hoping to roll it out to begin backing up our critical systems next. We are currently prevented to roll it out because in our test lab each time we add a remote windows system we get the successful message the the 'Windows system was added successfully. However, the system doesn't appear. The message also says it may take some time for the the system to appear - we have been waiting two days!!!

This is lab environment so there aren't any firewall or antivirus software installed to block port 10000 (or any port).

The strange thing is, we successfully remotely pushed the agent onto the system. The publish option is enabled. We can ping/connect to the remote system.

This is severely holding up production.

We have a support license and we're told that this was a moderated forum and someone from the support team would get back to us shortly. Therefore, I sincerely hope to hear from someone soon.

Cheers

26 REPLIES 26

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I have not tried renaming OR changing the IP address of the servers in the "User Defined Selections" yet.
I think we can check it by right clicking on one of the IPs and changing the IP from the properties window.

OR

If the IP address of the server is changed we can add the new one and delete the old one.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As long as you have a HOSTS file entry that resolves properly,  you can use the machine name rather than an IP address

See page 247 of the v12 Admin Guide

cpatte7372
Level 4
Dev T,

Its not possible to rename the ip address for actual name.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hi,

So we have only one solution that is to add the servers in the user defined selections....................

cpatte7372
Level 4
Dev T

I forgot to say thanks for all your help mate.

Cheers

Turls
Level 6
cPatte! Please mark one of Dev's comments that helped provide you with a solution.

Dev_T
Level 6
Any news?