cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed on Connection to the server

John_Brigan
Level 4
All of the sudden my backups are failing, while trying to backup a remote server.  Nothing has changed.

I get this:
Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly. Final error category: Security Errors

Backup- ServerName
The Media Server was unable to connect to Remote Machine ServerName.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device.
The Media Server will fall back on the local agent to try and complete the operation.
Remote Agent not detected on ServerName.
Access is denied to Remote Agent.  Check the login account for the specified device.

It directs me to this link.  Which says the solution is to apply the hotfix to the versions mentioned at the bottom of the page.  Ver 10d is not listed.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/323354.htm

Any suggestions?
Like I said, nothing has changed.  The backups had been working fine for a long time.

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6
I think the password for Backup Exec Service Account is changed. Open the services mmc and change the password for all the services for Backup Exec (Except Remote Agent Service) adding DOMAIN\ACCOUNT and typing in the password.

Dev_T
Level 6
any news?