cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meaning of Storage Capacity indication

charliec2
Level 3

I am relatively new to BE2012.  On the stroage tap, under our tape library it lists the slots/tapes available.  In the column showing capacity, for one of our tapes the colored graphic is opaque rather than a solid clear color as with the other tapes.

1) Can someone tell me what this opaque attribute indicates?   And 2) how to correct the exception condition that is indicated?

Thank you.

CC

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

A transparent gradiant is the background for the capacity gauge.  The opaque solid part would indicate how much you have used.  Basically, the solid is a visual representation of the capacity numbers above it.  So, I assume you have used the tape that has an opaque section and the other tapes are still empty.

charliec2
Level 3

Thanks for the reply Larry.

All tapes have been used and contain expired sets, ready for the next backup cycle.  There are seven colored lines representing the the capacity of the seven data tapes in this magazine.  Six of the seven have a solid color on top of the transparant or opaque gradient.  One has no solid color at all.  :)  I know this is difficult to communicate on without a graphic.