Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Full

Anil_kondalkar
Level 2

Hi all,

The Scenario is as follows

My Media Got Full at the certain point during the backup schedule and i recieved the Alert message to insert a new tape Drive.

i.e Robotic Library Slot 4 got full now i have new Scratch Media in Slot 8.

As i want dont want to run the entire backup again,how would i continue the same job from where it stopped.

5 REPLIES 5

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the job is still active (running) and If there is a scratch media present in Slot 8 then just respond OK to the alert and it will automatically continue the job using the scratch tape.

If the job has ended then you will have to start the job all over again. There is no way to start the job from where is failed in its last attempt.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you're running partitions in the library/autoloader, you need to ensure you have enough scratch media in the partition; or create a mail slot to import scratch tapes into the library (then you lose a slot), or get rid of partitions; or increase the size of the partitions...

Thanks!

Anil_kondalkar
Level 2

We have already Done the above mentioned activities.

But it has not resolved the issue.

We are using 11.x version.

Please Suggest.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Which state the job is now at present? Queued/ Failed?

HAMZAOUI_Omar
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

You must to select "Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available" when you create your backup job

and

In "Alert configurations" tab, select the category "Media overwrite", and specify "Automatically clear after... and select "Yes" for the response !!

Thanks