cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Not Appending

Not applicable
Hi,

I have two jobs that use the same set of media. The second job is set to only append.

I was using an existing tape and added a new tape, as it has just gone over. Both tapes were in scratch media. The first job ran fine and added the jobs into a media set that allows infinite append.

The first tape was not appendable (fair enough, its full), but the second tape, which had 8GB written on it from the first job was not appendable and therefore my second job failed.

Can anyone tell me why ? I know that scratch media is not appendable, but the tape had been used and was no longer in scratch media. The media set is definitately set to infinite append, and the tape is definitately in that media set.

We've not had this problem before and I can't figure out why the tape isn't appendable!

Cheers

Taneile
3 REPLIES 3

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hi Taneile,

Apply Service Pack 1 from the following link:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/267180

Additionally, suggest you to re-create the media set and reset the overwrite protection and append period.

Thanks

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi Taneile,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply