cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media listed Online & Offline with different overwrite periods

jingram
Level 2

I have tape media that is listed as online and write protected.  The exact same media label is listed as overwriteable and displayed in offline media.  Is my database screwed up?  I have noticed this with at least 4 out of 400 tapes we use, not sure how many others it may affect.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do they have same Media GUID? You may check properties of media to view GUID. What version of Bacup Exec are you using and do you remember deleting media or uninstalling Backup Exec, before this happened or were these tapes migrated from a different server?

Thanks

jingram
Level 2

Different media IDs.

Backup Exec 2010 R2, no knowledge of what happened previously, I just inherited this!

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If these are different media ids, probably same label written into different media. POssibly they were brought from some other media server, or wrongly labeled.

You may want to use GUID as a distinguishing factor as Media label is not unique in your case. You may compare the Media GUIDs delete the media which shows as offline. It is nothing to be worried about, as far as backup/restores are concerned.

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.

thanks