cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages at the end of backup job

frederic_gueret
Level 2
Bonjour.

J'utilise encore Backup Exec 8.6 sur des serveurs encore en Windows 2000.
A la fin de la sauvegarde j'ai toujours les messages "Voulez vous ecraser le support" et "Retirez le support".
J'aimerais que ces messages n'apparaissent plus ou qu'ils se valident automatiquement mais je ne trouve pas comment faire.
Est ce quelqu'un aurait une solution ?

Merci.

-------------------------

Hello.

I still Backup Exec 8.6 on servers in Windows 2000 yet.
At the end of the backup I have messages "Would you overwrite the medium" and "Remove the tape".
I would like these messages appear more or they will automatically validate but I do not see how.
Is this someone would have a solution?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

chicojrman
Level 6
Go to Tools | Options | Media Management. There is a check box related to 'Prompt before overwriting...' Just uncheck this checkbox and the jobs should run normally and visa versa if you want to be prompted each time for each job. Also i would highly recommend a newer version of Backup exec as well as a newer server and OS hopefully your budgeting for this in the future.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you get the "Would you overwrite the medium" at the begining or the end of the job?  If at the end, it sounds like the tape may be filling up 

If you follow Chico's advice, any  tape that is mounted will be overwritten.  I prefer to set the OPP (Overwrite Protectio n Period) so that when you reuse the tapes, they have expire.  or when you mount the tape, inventory, then drag it to the SCRATCH media set

As for the Remove Tape Prompt, you can make a registry change to autorespond.  See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/192055.htm

But I do agree with Chico.  You NEED to upgrade to a newer version