cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I delete the folder "Backup Exec\NT\DataBackup\Data" ?

mstirnemann
Level 3
Partner
Hello,

i'm running out of disk space. I mentioned a Folder Backup Exec\NT\DataBackup\Data with 350 MB. The Last Changed Date of those Files was 30.11.07. Perhaps these are comming from an Update years ago, but i dont know. Do you think i can delete this Folder?

I found another Folder "VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs". Here were some .FDD, TMP and .SM Files, not changed for years. Perhaps old files from previous Installation. Can i delete them?

In this Folder (VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs\) there was a additional Folder named with the Servername. There are .XML and FH. Files that are changed recently. But there are also a few .XML and .TMP files that last changed in August 2008 and older. Can i delete the old ones? Why BackupExec stores resent Files in this old "Veritas"-Folder instead of using its own new "Symantec" Folder?

Thank you for your Support.

Best Regards.
Martin

P.S. Version is 11d.

2 REPLIES 2

chicojrman
Level 6
http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/jdiskreport/
that tool will help you find what you can delete and what is taking up space for the most part. Deleting the mentioned location will make BEX not work. You could by another hard drive and extend it using partition magic. 

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Backup Exec\NT\DataBackup\Data - Can be safely removed, this is just a backup from when an upgrade was performed.

VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs - Check in Backup Exec to verify the catalog path currently being used before removing anything from this folder. Tools - Options - Catalogs.  If that is not the path to your current catalogs directory then you can safely remove data from it, otherwise I would suggest leaving it as it is.