cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ability to cancel Run Now job in BE 2012

StrongmanTech
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I don't know if I'm just not seeing it. I have a few scheduled jobs, 36 thanks to this new design. In testing the next scheduled weekly run of 5 servers, I selected the weekly job on each server and specified the Run Now.

I want to cancel one of them queued to run, but cannot find it. Also, if you look at the home screen, it does not specify that there is a job queued to run outside of the normal scheduled jobs to run this Friday.

How do I cancel a Run Now job that hasn't started yet?

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What exactly is your problem?  You cannot find the job or you know which job it is, but you cannot cancel it?

StrongmanTech
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I know which job it is, but there is no way to cancel it that I see. It's just sitting there in a Ready, No Idle devices state.

Chase_Drouillar
Level 4

I don't think it's actually possible to cancel jobs sitting in the ready state. I don't think it was even possible in BE 2010, unless I just didn't see how to do it. I always had to wait for the jobs to start, and then cancel them immediately when they started. (Which, by the way, back in 2010, would report the job as having completed successfully...)

I'm trying to see if it's possible to do it via BEMCLI, though I've got to get it set up properly on this system first.

EDIT: Well, having trouble getting access to the server's BEMCLI module via a remote system with limited permissions, and my jobs are done anyway at this point so I can't test it myself, but you could try just using BEMCLI to do the command:

Get-BEJob "<job name>" | Stop-BEJob

On the job that's in the ready state and see if that works or not.