cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing files from backup

ahurley
Level 3
After using Backup 10d for years with no problems I upgrade to12.5 since we upgraded to Exchange 2007.
However ever since then, files are missed from our backup that our stored on our file server. The job compeletes with no errors and show no skipped files, however it show no files processed for certain directorys on the server.

Any ideas why this would happen?
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
what files specifically are being skipped

v12 (and v10 for that matter) uses AFE to skip database filetypes to avoid the "in user - skipped" messages in the flat file portion of  a job, since you need an Agent to get a hot backup anyway

ahurley
Level 3
All files are being missed. The files ranges from simple text files to autocad drawings.
Like I said this only happens on certaion directories, but nothings on the server has changed sonce upgrading to V12.5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
All files are being missed. The files ranges from simple text files to autocad drawings.
Like I said this only happens on certaion directories, but nothings on the server has changed sonce upgrading to V12.5

if multiple file types other that database files are randomly being skipped (is it different files each time, or the same ones over and over?) I'd try a repair install of BackupExec followed by the latest service pack

if that doesn't fix it, I'd open an incident at Symantec

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Hi 

Please check if there is anything in common , like permissions etc.

Thanks 

ahurley
Level 3
I've tried a reinstall and im fully patached.
Its not just some files being missed it all files contained with the directory.
I can't see anything wrong with the permissions, like I said before I had no problem with 10d.

ahurley
Level 3
If its any help, all the folder that dont replicate are part of DFS replication.

ahurley
Level 3
I've just figured out that i needed to select the DFS folders from the Shadow Copy Components and not straight from the drive as in 10d.
Therefore all is fine now.