cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move 9.0 in a differnt server - how to move all templates, media and jobs?

Maurizio_Pavan
Level 2
Hi, I've re-installed the Version 9.0 in a different server, since the current one is end of life, how can I import into the new database the previous story: templates, selection lists, jobs and media list?

By using MsAccess 2k3 I can see the two databases, but I'm affraid to introduce some error.

do you have any suggestion?

Many thaks
Maurizio
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/260054.htm

You'll need to uninstall BackupExec from the new server and start over

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
What do you mean by current version is end of life.

Also let us know if the Article given by Ken helps you.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Maurizio_Pavan
Level 2
The suggested article is very good, Unfortunately too late!

My fault I have not submitted the question to the forum in time!

We use to Hire the servers for 3 years, after that servers will be changed with new one.

Now is too late because the "old" one has been already uninstalled and deleted. However I still have on the backup tapes all the files and I can try to restore the xml from there, but no way for the registry.

may be this is the right occasion to reorganize the backup strategies.

If no one have a furter suggestion I'll start to create all the templates and jobs.

Maurizio

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are the new and old servers the same OS?

you could try to find the backup of the Veritas database (BEDB.BAK) on an old backup tape, restore that to the new server and do a recover from backup

See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/268315.htm but use the recover function rather than the Dump function

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Please try the suggestion given by Ken and update us whether the issue is resolved.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Maurizio_Pavan
Level 2
Many thanks to all, at the end I've decided to re-write all the jobs. I'll keep your suggestion in my evidence for the next server change.

Many thaks for your support!
Maurizio