cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving B2D on Full Backups

MacLEOD
Level 4
I have got the following setup

BackupExec 11d, running on a Server with a Tape library, and using B2D (backup to Disk).

We have weekly backups that have just out-grown our partition tha tthey are currently residing on.

The Job that is run is using a policy.

Is there a way to Move the B2D location to a new partition that has more space to allow for the backups to complete correctly?

Is there a method that we can move the location of the B2D (content is dumped to tape after job complets).

Is there a prefered method to move the B2D folders Media set without recreating the Profile/jobs?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Mac,

Check this link out:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/299010.htm

You can use the same means for your version of BEWS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Mac,

Check this link out:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/299010.htm

You can use the same means for your version of BEWS.

MacLEOD
Level 4
Great, I was looking at that but wanted to confirm that it would work on version. 11d.

I will give it a try

thank you

MacLEOD
Level 4
If we did not need to keep the backup that is located on the original B2D folder. 

In Step two could we just move the 2 *.CFG files to the new location and proceed with the remaining steps to have a fresh start to the next full backup?  Or should those *.BKF files be moved as well?

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified
Don't move the config files - just create the new B2D and copy the BKF files (and / or IMG folders)  from the old B2D to the new one - and then inventory the new b2d - once happy - get rid of the old b2d

MacLEOD
Level 4
As there is over 700GB of Data to transfer.

Would this work.

Create a new Media set  called Weekly full  (not the same as the currently media set that is to maxed out)
 Set the properties on the folder.

Open the policy for the job.  Find the Backup set that is using the old media set.  Change the Meida set from the job to the new media set and continue let it run as per normal.   Or would there more steps involved or should  I stick with moving the data?

Thanks for the input.

A

MacLEOD
Level 4
The Backup went well, I allows it to create the media by itself.

Created the new folder in the new location.
Added the Media set to BackupExec Media
Updated the policy to point to the new Media set.
Backup ran properly.

So just have to cleanup the old backup files in the old location.

Thanks for your help

A