cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving BE 10d for Windows to a new server

Omar_Chacon
Level 2
I am moving my BE 10d Media server 10.1 Rev 5629 from an old Dell PowerEdge 4300 to a newer Dell PowerEdge 700.
The OS on both machines is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (fully patched).
The new server will have a new Adaptec SCSI Card 29320A-R as the host and will be using an Exabyte Magnum 1x7 LTO Autoloader.
My intention is to completely uninstall BE from the old host and reinstall in the new one.

My reason for changing server and controller hosts is that I was never able to run a sucessful backup for for all sorts of reasons including scsi timeout errors with an older (but newly purchased) scsi card (Adaptec 29160). I used two sets of SCSI cables and terminators just in case with the same results.

Are there any tricks to completely uninstall BE from the present host? Is there anything out of the ordinary that I need to watch? Please feel free to add any comments, suggestions, etc.

Many thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280710.htm to migrate all your local settings

As for the uninstall, should be straight-forward

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
A successful uninstall run from Add/Remove Programs is very thorough and will clear out files and registry entries.

Omar_Chacon
Level 2
Russ and Ken. Many thanks. I had read some literature about it and it appeared a bit too simple. Since I don't have to move any local settings (I was never able to run a backup anyway) it will be a snap.

Thanks.