cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from small HD to larger HD

Jhill1
Level 2

One of my servers is running low on disk space. We want to move all of its contents onto another hard drive of a larger size. We are using Backup Exec 9.1 for Windows Servers. 

Can I run a backup of all of the small disk's content and system state and then restore it onto the larger disk? The system state contains all of the bootable files. We are looking for a quick solution to mirror this drive without having to install an OS onto the larger one then restoring the content to it. Can Backup Exec perform this task?

Message Edited by Jhill@SorteoGames on 02-23-2009 02:06 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

What you are doing is a basically a Disaster Recovery, and as such, you need a vanilla install of Windows + BsackupExec on the larger drive in order to restore your small drive backup

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

What you are doing is a basically a Disaster Recovery, and as such, you need a vanilla install of Windows + BsackupExec on the larger drive in order to restore your small drive backup

Jhill1
Level 2
That is what I was affraid of. I will have to hunt down our software in the office now.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Find the BESERNUM.ML file in the c:\Windows\ dir  to see all your installed serials

If you need to, you can download v9.1 again.  Go to the downloads page at

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15047

Filter for v9.1 and

install

patch

driver

Jhill1
Level 2
Awesome thanks!